This is your opportunity to become a key member of a venture-backed, NASA award-winning team that is going from space startup to high-growth company. SkyWatch’s office is located at Communitech’s Data Hub, the latest addition to the great startup ecosystem that is Kitchener-Waterloo. This role doesn't require working out of the SkyWatch office.
You must be passionate about startups and enjoy the intricacies of making one successful. You equate our success with your own and vice versa. We are looking for someone with a deep strategic understanding of the current Earth Observation business landscape and experience with selling enterprise SaaS/DaaS solutions.
We are looking for a high-performing, results-driven, Sales Director to actively seek out and engage customers for our ground-breaking Earth observation data products and services and grow our Sales team. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer you will engage directly with the market to boost company top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels, and profitability.
In addition to consistently surpassing customer acquisition and revenue growth targets you will be responsible for maximizing our sales team potential, crafting sales plans, and justifying those plans to upper management. Working closely with Marketing and Product Management you will also seek to evolve our lead generation process into a world-class capture program and then take personal responsibility to maximize the conversion of these leads into revenue by driving customers through the sales process. This will involve presenting, promoting and selling our products/services using solid arguments to both existing and prospective customers. Included in this you will be expected to perform cost-benefit, ROI and needs analysis and work closely with Product management to develop a compelling proposition for the prospects you uncover.
- Achieve growth and hit revenue targets by achieving personal sales targets and successfully managing the sales team
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching, and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports, and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Supply Product Management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
Skills and Experience
- Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets (minimum 5 years showing year on year growth)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization with a strong appreciation for Value Selling sales principles
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills with a proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Ability to build productive business professional relationships and openness to feedback
- Expert user in MS Office, or equivalent (eg Google Docs)
- Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics, and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Independent worker with strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent mentoring, coaching, and people management skills
- Good level of familiarity with CRM practices
- A good understanding of the SaaS and DaaS service models, enterprise cloud platforms, and APIs
- Industry knowledge of remote sensing/Earth observation a distinct advantage
- Ability to travel internationally
About SkyWatch Space Applications
Founded in April 2014, SkyWatch is on a mission to make satellite data captured of the Earth accessible to the world. Hundreds of trillions of pixels of our planet are captured from space every day. With new applications for this data being discovered constantly, the demand for satellite imagery and data across many industries is increasing. Our platform allows both enterprise and consumers to quickly discover and access the satellite data they need.
Our team comprises of software developers, engineers, and armchair geospatial information scientists and astrophysicists. We are also: global winners of the 2014 NASA International Space Apps Challenge; Google for Entrepreneurs alumni; TechStars NYC alumni (Summer 2016 Cohort); Lead Organizer of NASA Space Apps Waterloo; members of the Canadian Space Commerce Association; members of the International Astronomical Union’s Working Group on Time-Domain Astronomy; and founding supporters and directors of MaxQ, Canada’s first accelerator focused on space startups.
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and providing a work environment that is transparent and fun while being free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to offer competitive salaries and compensation. We're also very flexible and open to filling the unique needs of our employees.
For more information about us, click back to our homepage.
What SkyWatch Offers
SkyWatch is comprised of entrepreneurs working together to change the world and we’re inviting you to join our rocketship. We offer a fun, friendly, engaging and intellectually stimulating atmosphere which accommodates a wide range of working styles and the opportunity to make a difference. Gaining a unique experience doesn’t substitute great compensation - you’ll receive both!
If you think you would fit this role then send your resume to [email protected].